Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Did Anyone Else Have a Bad Day Today?

7:30am. Poker Chick got on a bus, realizing her mistake of leather boots and jacket in 45-degree windy rain with no umbrella. No biggie, she could just hail a cab! Oh, wait, not with $2 in her wallet. Doh! Bus it was. As she watched a cockroach scramble on the seat in front of her, she already knew it was going to be one of those days.

[Insert middle, blah blah blah].

Long story short, the day ended with two pairs of dry socks, sweatpants, a sweatshirt with hood pulled way over her head, a blanket, and a cup of hot tea - and it still took over two hours to defrost Poker Chick and stop her from shivering all over.
c-c-c-c-cold......

How 'bout others? Poker Chick is working a theory that Oct. 28th a bad day for New Yorkers in general. Anyone else find themselves staring at their Marc Jacobs praying those water spots are not permanent while they wait for their extremities to thaw?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I had one of the worst day of my life...I'm so depressed :-(

bernthis said...

Okay, I admit it was a great day BUT ALL of 2005 and 2006 sucked so I think I am due.

I'm sorry to hear about your day. Good news? It's over

Poker Chick said...

Thanks for the feedback. But since you are in CA the theory is still out there! Maybe it was just a bad day for New yorkers?

wheelsonthebus said...

Actually, it was a great day, but you'll have to call me to find out why.