Poker Chick has been reading about this a bit lately and has seen their grievances. Before you dismiss them, you have to admit they kind of have a point. If our kid were the one who was inconvenienced we'd be up in arms too. Think about it from the other kids' perspective:
- Having to take a minute after food to wash your hands is annoying. You get less recess or study time, and you miss out on all those fun sick days with less germs.
- Washing your mouth out with water? What fun is that? Who wants a clean mouth feeling? Besides, more cavities means more dentist time, which means more sick days. Also, they have cool video games in the waiting room.
- It must really suck to not be able to eat your favorite lunch every day. You've always gotten what you wanted. Why change it now?
- "Compassion" is a really confusing word and really hard to pronounce. Learning how to be considerate of others is no fun. Dodge ball? Much funner.
- If they let those annoying allergy kids go to school then what's next? Having to play with kids in wheelchairs? Imagine what that's going to do to your basketball team and chance at scholarship.
- Mommy and Daddy stuck a picket sign in your hand, and you'll lose your favorite time with Max and Ruby if you don't listen.