Saturday, November 17, 2007

Unwanted

"I don't love you" says the mini. "Go away!" she screams when I sit next to her on the couch. I move a bit. "Go away more" and she pushes me.

She wakes up at 1am crying. I rub her back for a few minutes. She calms down. Just as I think she's asleep she says loudly "Go away now."

Now she may have broken my nose. OK, she didn't mean it (she said "I didn't mean to hurt you, Mommy!") but still, she whacked me good.

She does not talk like this to anyone else, not her father, babysitter or teachers. So here I sit with ice on my face, wondering where I went wrong. I have constant guilt as more-than-full time working mother, so of course this is another one of those times when I wonder if this is what I get for not being home. So seriously, I'm asking - is it me?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Let's talk, sweetie. We've been around that block a few times here.