Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy "International Talk Like a Pirate Day"

Ahoy! The wee lass has declared she is once again going to be a pirate on Halloween. We ain't lyin', she did it all on her own. Out of the blue. Poker Chick is most pleased.

But now for the real story, lads and lasses. T'reporrrrrrt on her other post, Poker Chick is happy to tell ya that it would appear the booty was intended to be so free. She received several follow up emails. One, a notification of shipment ho! Another, a notification of a few back-ordered items with a sincere apology. Then two more. One, a giant coupon off future loot. And another, a jolly celebration of "International Talk Like a Pirate Day," (no, really, it's real), claiming a lucky few ordering today will have their order comped. So they really do this stuff, do they? Randomly comp orders?

Shiver me timbers!! Methinks me conscience is now clear.

Well, we'll still drop off 5 giant bags of clothes and shoes to Goodwill this weekend. You know, karma and all. That's karrrrrrma to you.

1 comment:

Gray Matter said...

Avast Ye Landlubbers! I wrote a post last year about shopping for my son's costume...he ended up a "Mac Daddy" aka PIMP! I was so proud during the student parade at school.

I got off easy this year--Luigi (the lesser know of the Mario Bros.) A scant $50 (!!) later...I was lucky if I got the Casper the Friendly Ghost costume WITH the plastic mask and super fragile elastic string band.

We are far too good to our children.