Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's gonna be a bad, bad, non-shiny day

There are some days where as soon as they start you know they're not headed anyplace good. Certain things happen and you just get that feeling where you know the sooner you can get through the day, the better. You know where we're going with this.

Today was one of those days.

It started with a shaving cut. Not a regular one either. Like, you're in the shower, then the door opens and you get distracted, and the next thing you know the weapon you're holding in your hand just cut out a nice chunk of skin on your leg. Men out there might be rolling your eyes. But when you cut your face, you don't have to rinse off soap and shampoo into the wound. Try doing that without screaming. I dare you.

30 minutes later the bleeding finally stopped long enough to get a bandage on it. The rest of the morning was somewhat routine, until the am commute. I rode the bus to use the time to return a phone call to another mommy. Ordinarily, this would make for a good day. I was actually returning a call. Organizing. Things were good.

So leave it to the old lady in the seat in front of her to turn around and say in a nasty tone "You know, that's so annoying.".

Are you f*cking kidding me? It's not like I'm talking about my big score last night or anything. I'm a working mother. This is the only time I have. Buzz off, lady.

Somehow, without giving it a second thought, I replied immediately (and loudly enough for the whole bus to hear), "Too bad. I'm not here to entertain you."

Oh no she di'int.

Oh yeah she did. Who cared? I was pissed and the bitch deserved it. Still, it meant I walked into work having already had a lousy morning.

Back to back meetings later (with a 2pm break for a PB&J sandwich that took an hour to eat as she could only take bites here and there during conference calls) and the rest of the day predictably sucked. And here I am at 9:12 pm taking a break from work to eat dinner before working again. Except I can't eat my dinner because despite ordering a HAMburger the stupid peeps brought me a CHEESEburger. Do they sound like the same thing? No. But here I sit, waiting for them to half cook a new one, spit in it, and run it on over over the course of an hour or so.

Dear g-d, please let this be as bad as it gets today.

Crap. Turns out it does, in fact, get worse.

Bed.....soon. Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

2 comments:

JanelleGrace said...

That sucks.

This morning the showerhead shot off and hit me in the back. I think I might go shopping to make up for not being able to take a full shower.

wheelsonthebus said...

Try waxing instead. No cuts. But then you have to find time for an appointment.